Ready, set, go! Even though I was draped to prevent total viewing priviliges, the nice anesthesiologist held a big mirror for me to watch the c-section. I was SO GLAD HE DID because I had asked my doctor if that was possible and he had said not really... so there doc, I DID SEE MY BABE BEING BORN :) It was crazy and very, shall we say... not gentle surgery. Good thing I could see and not feel the process!

Maybe it's good that this isn't a really clear shot... but this is little Mina being tugged out of my belly through the "emergency escape hatch" as I call it.

And proud dad with little Mina in the nursery getting checked and cleaned up, while I was still on the cold surgery table also getting checked and cleaned up, how ironic. It seemed like forever before I finally got moved back into my room and got to hold my baby girl!

She was 7 lbs 6 oz of beautiful perfection! Nice work Chester and Julie! Isn't Chester the best lookin daddy ever, let me answer that, YES!
A few hours later the boys came to meet their new little sister. Mads was totally ready to hold her and kiss her, Rulon was a little more stand-off-ish, he needed to be sure about this whole new tiny girl business. I think the IV and monitors on me made him nervous too, but he warmed up pretty quikly.
4 comments:
i LOVE all those pictures!!!! So precious. Can't wait to see you AGAIN
Smiling and watching your own C-section...daunting! Nice family!!
Just magical---and so precious. I love you!
I don't even know what to say!!!That is sooo cool!!I'm so greatful that everything went well! We love you so much!! And can't wait to see and hold that little Mina, and hug those two boys!!
Post a Comment