Foxpharm

Foxpharm
We are a crazy happy family. We love our three busy boys and our sweet little girl, and we try to play as much as possible.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Oh me, oh my, a Mona pie (almost)

What naturally follows a Family Home Evening activity of picking a bazillion cherries?
Making cherry pies, of course.
It all began after the chillins were tucked in their cozy beds.
The googling "how to pit a cherry without a pitter tool"
The cherry pitting party for one.
The getting out of the baking ingredients, flour, salt, lard (what a yummy word)...
When Chester came home form work (and the gym or basketball or whatever) at midnight and I was in the middle of this...

 He was so excited that his tender heart bubbled over in praises of his hot little wife trying her best to make a Mona pie.  He loves that I love to learn this stuff.  I love that Mona answers my last minute 20 questions over the phone.

Well, there they are.  5 cherry pies. 

Baked ont the next day.

And gobbled a piece.  Hmm, I will improve.  But it was not bad at all!
If I keep practicing I will get to the point that I can share my pies.
If I keep practicing at 2am I will get to the point that the coma is permanent.
What fun!!!!!

7 comments:

ERoy said...

I tried to post a comment, but it didn't work......anyways, it said.....JULIE!!!!! I miss you and your family soooooooo much! You are the cutest, and the greatest. I love you my sister from another mother!!! Your pie looks delish...now ya gotta try the bread!!

mona said...

Julie, you are such a sweetie !!! what more can I say ? The pies look great !!!!!!! My daughter from another mother is just awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you !!

Brittney said...

my my my, you ARE a pretty wife!!!! you baked five pies and didn't share!?!?! Then either you're fat now or you froze some of them ;)

marymary said...

You are cute AND inspiring. How do you pit cherries without a cherry pitter anyway? Sounds like too much work.

Dennis said...

Drooling, big time! Incredible!

Brett said...

Ummmm... if you need help practicing sharing your pies, I can...'t help right now. :( But I would LOVE to if I could!!!

missliss5/Melissa said...

HOly crapola.....You are like a Mona twin!!!! WOWZER!!!