Foxpharm

Foxpharm
We are a crazy happy family. We love our three busy boys and our sweet little girl, and we try to play as much as possible.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Older News

Back in November I went back to work part time at Heritage... they opened a new day treatment program called River Run and I am the Recreation Therapist. It is a small program, so different from the residential program that has an enrollment of like 150 students... we have a maximum of 12 students at a time. For now we have 3, two girls and a boy. It is a great program, I work with 4 other staff and we have a building all to ourselves practically.

Going back to work was a sudden/unexpected decision followed by a quick interview and training process so I went from mom-all-day-long to 20-less-hours-a-week-mom... did that even make sense? It really is rewarding being back in the profession that I love and NOT being full time. I enjoy the students and the staff with whom I work. Everyone at Heritage has been so complimentary of me and has made a big deal over "having me back again". It makes me feel good. That said, I will be happy when I am all-day-long-mom again. My kids need me and I need them.

A few pictures just for fun: Me at my desk, I have a shared office with the program supervisor, Steve. He is easy and enjoyable to work with.



This was the official opening of the River Run Program with the Chamber of Commerce folks and pseudo-ribbon cuttting ceremony and open house.


Here we are, the staff that run the program. Left to Right: Steve(program supervisor), Colleen (teacher), Glen (Administration there for the ribbon cutting, etc. Such a nice man), Me (Rec Therapist), Molly (Therapist), Spencer (Residential staff).

What have I learned in the last 3+ months?

1. I have the best husband in the world.

2. My kids have the best father in the world.

3. I'm still pretty good at what I do.

4. We are so blessed.

5 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

I love your 4 things you have learned and I Love you.

Patti said...

You are a rockin' mom and a super rec therapist. You can do it all, but expect to be very tired sometimes... congrats. Love you!

Dennis said...

Congratulations! I do not know how you can work and be a terrific Mom and Wife, but you do it!

Brittney said...

Julie I love the way you always do your best to love Chester to pieces and praise him up and down.

You two are an amazing team... thank goodness for that so you can handle the stress of working! It is a blessing you have the job for sure.

What did you decide on taxes by the way? I can file your return as early as Tuesday morning.

Brett said...

I can't figure out what building those pictures were taken in... maybe the new theater building? That was still being built when I left. Congrats on rocking as a rec therapist again... I hope they pay you big bucks so you can get those 20 mom hours back! Too bad nobody pays for that.