A post a day for a few days to catch up... here we go!
CHRISTMAS EVE
We were invited to Christie and Bjorn's house for their traditional Norwegian Christmas Eve dinner!! I must admit I fished just a little for the invitation but only because Christie had said we were invited any Christmas Eve that we were in town (granted she said that years ago) :) It was sooo much fun and I swear they are those kind of friends that seem like we spend every weekend together even though the truth is much more disappointing.
Dinner was a tasty meat and gravy recipe that is handed down from genetarion to generation in Norway. This was the first year they tried it with beef instead of reindeer meat (since you cannot get reindeer meat anymore) and it tasted just the same, amazing! Bjorn's family was there also and we love to see Desire and Axel, they seem amazingly like family to us!





3 comments:
So much fun! I"m glad this year you were able to go spend Christmas Eve with them. It's awesome to have GREAT friends!
Looks liek you had a great time, for sure the kids did!
I would like to try reindeer meat. The dish on the corner of the table looks like flaeskisteg, a Danish pork dish that is sooooo gooooood.
Post a Comment