Foxpharm

Foxpharm
We are a crazy happy family. We love our three busy boys and our sweet little girl, and we try to play as much as possible.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mads Starts Preschool!!

Last week Mads and I made a special trip to his new preschool to meet his teacher, Mrs. Heap, and see the classroom together. Mads was totally excited!  He wanted to wear his backpack in the car and practice his counting the whole way there.  When we parked in front of the house (his school is in a cute add on to a home in a neighborhood) he asked me if I was going to leave him there.  He was certifiably bummed out when I reminded him that we were just visiting for a few minutes so he could meet his teacher and see his class. 
Mads could not believe he gets to go to preschool in the same place that Rulon went to preschool last year.  He was super happy to hear he gets to hang his back pack on a hook (wow!), paint, sing, learn letters and numbers, and use glue and scissors!!
On our way to his REAL first day of preschool Mads was listing things to me that he would not do, "I won't jump and talk mean to the kids or Mrs. Heap will say Mads don't talk mean to those kids, and I won"t suck my fingers or Mrs. Heap will say only babies suck their fingers, and I won pee in my ginch or poop since I am so big, and I won't put my fingers in my nose for a cruster..." You get the idea.  Shoot, what does he need a mom for, he knows the drill.  I just had to remind him of the things he CAN do: smile, listen, play with new friends, say please and thank you, have fun... ok, he does still need me. Whew.
So we went in, found the spot with his name project, and he went to town.  It was all I could do to get him to glance up at me for a quick picture!!  He was so happy that today I WAS leaving him there!!
What a grown up boy!!  He is going to LOVE preschool!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

mona said...

soooo awesome!! I am so proud of you Mads!! He looks so grown-up!!! He looks so much like Rulon as he grows!!Love you guys!!

Dennis said...

Good thing you have Mina to keep you company with those two boys going away to school. Exciting time for Mads!

missliss5/Melissa said...

Really, really cute the things he was listing that he won't do since he's such a big boy. :)