I love the snow. It is cold and makes me shiver. It makes the kids crazy to go outside at 8:00 in the morning. I get to bundle up each child one by one in cozy cumbersome clothing while the waiting children lovingly repeat my name over and over as though I dont see them awaiting my patient assistance with the stubborn glove or boot. It means setting aside the lazy am hours for the constant beckoning at the sliding door or the call of "Quick mom, look at this!" "Mom, how do I make a BIG snowball?" "Mom, get a picture of my snow angel." And then it means the snow clothes finally get to be spread all across my livingroom wet and dripping so as to not delay the toasty warm bath to thaw the 2 hour chilled children.
Yup, It's worth it.
I'm thinking it's obvious, but for you dummies out there, Rulon is mining for gold in Alaska.
One of the many angels in the yard.
Mina was out in the snow the whole 2 hours with the boys. She had no trouble at all keeping up with her big brothers.
4 comments:
2 hours is a lot of chillin. We make sand angels down here. Mina is the cutest bundle!
You are a wonderful Mom. I think no snow is one of the best things about raising our family in Texas and California, though! Brrrrr!
I love the snow!! We always played in it! So I'm glad you take the kids out to play in it too!! If I had any clothes that would cover an old fat lady, (and was all healed from my surgery) I would play in the snow now!! The kids look like they like it! Great! Thanks Julie! You are the best mom ever!!
CUTE!! I love the way you word things :) That's some nice cozy snow gear!
Post a Comment