On Halloween Mads got a little rock stuck in his in his forehead, yup, took a tiny little inconsequential spill at a fun party we went to at a neighbors house and came up with a little rock stuck right in his little dome.
We (a friend and another friend's EMT husband) tried for a good 45 min or more to get it out and Mads didn't even cry... for the first 30 min anyway. After that it was so irritated and starting to swell and we stopped trying. So the rock stayed, Mads calmed down and played some more, went home, napped, trick-or-treated with all the fervor of the Energizer Bunny, and went to bed.
The next evening - we went to Melissa and Dan's house where Dan (surgeon) and his friend Jeremy (ER doctor) brought the Dr's office home and worked on Mads head.
Uh, he did not like the Lidocaine injection - can you see the bubble of in under his skin?? But he watched Finding Nemo and calmed down while it got numb.
Why am I smiling so big?? Twisted momma.
............................... So after it was a little numb Dan probed... but Mads could still feel it. Notice Rulon up close and personal for the whole process, he was so excited to watch.
................................. So, more Lidocaine.
.......................... Dan tried again to get that little rock out, but I guess it was warm and cozy and didn't want to come out yet, plus Mads could still feel the probing, so... another numbing shot and a new surgery location... Mads was actually smiling when we rolled him up in the towel because he was a Mads burrito, the smile didn't last though.
6 comments:
I have checked at least 10 times today for this post. THAT IS INSANE! I'm so glad Melissa got a photo history of this step by step kiddie torture! (Not really) Thank goodness you had some medical "Specialists" to help remove that thing! I think it had decided to accompany Mads into his teen years imbedded in his head!
awwwww so sad!! Thank goodness you have nice medical friends and family.
An amazing ordeal. It is a blessing Mads is so calm and would allow all the digging into his head.
Mads.... you should keep that "Head Rock" forever.... I have a "knee Rock" that I got once, and they had to do the very same thing to me. I think I probably cried a little more though... and I was about 18. Oh, and they took mine out at the hospital because I did not have any medical professional friends with a mobile Operatory. Good work buddy. Love you guys... Uncle Dave & Aunt Ashley.... and Lottie
I STILL can't believe that as soon as it was out he was all sweet smiles and saying in his darling little voice, "Thank you, Uncle Dan!" SHEESH he's a doll!
This shows what a happy boy Mads is. Happy with the rock IN his head, happy once it's out of his head and putting up with a little surgery in between. How nice to have Dan & Jeremy to take care of it.
Post a Comment